Home About Me My Products My Classroom Instagram Pinterest Facebook TeachersPayTeachers Email Image Map

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Out with the Old & In with the New- Bulletin Board Style!

Happy Wednesday!  So happy the week is going by fast!  So close to Spring break I can almost smell it!!

  Spring is finally here and it's almost end of the year.  But instead of trying to clean up a bit and put stuff away, here I am creating a new bulletin board for my class!

This is what my bulletin looks like now…




I got these last year from Clutter Free Classroom and mixed it up with Rockin Teacher Materials.  It was an awesome set with tons of different choices for the board.  If you want to read a bit more about how I set it up and planned to use it, click here to take you to that post. 


It's not that I don't love this board, I just think for my class this year, it just isn't for them.  I will definitely try this again next year and see how it works with my new babies.

Okay after thinking..not hard of course…I came up with a sweet idea!  I have been seeing this kind of idea lately on pinterest and thought it would be perfect!

Okay so picture this...

I don't have kids of my own but I can kind of figure out that this is how the conversation goes when my kids gets picked up from school. 

Mom:  Hey honey, what did you learn in school today?
Child:  Nothing


LOL  I figured, this bulletin can help kids remember what they learned that particular day. We can discuss in class all the new topics we covered and the things we reviewed.  That way when they walk out, they have been refreshed with what they learn?  Are ya with me?  Okiee..


This is what I was inspired by on pinterest.  This was created by Teach from the Heart


Cute right???


Well I started to make it mw own.

This is mid progress…





I use the letters from the previous bulletin to help me set up this one.  I whipped this up so quick.  



Final product…







Side view…




If you squint your eyes, you could see what I wrote! LOL

Here is a before and after shot.  I just realized I have been doing those a lot lately!



My plan for this is,  at the end of the day, I will ask my little ones "What Stuck Today".  The point is for them to backtrack and think about all the things we reviewed and went over.  Everything they come up with, I will put on a post it and slab on the "What Stuck" wall.  I think it will be a fun way to get my little one's minds going, even if it is the end of the day.  This way when their parents ask them what they learned, they can remember this!



It's worth a try and I am excited to get started!!


Have you guys tried this?  How has it worked for you ?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea....I've always wanted to do an end of the day journal type thing but it takes SO LONG, especially at the beginning of the year, for first graders to even write one sentence....this is a GREAT way to get a lot of learning reviewed and fresh in their minds to close the day. I could start the year writing for them and gradually turn over the responsibility of "what stuck" to the kiddos as the year progresses! Brilliant! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea!! I have done that a few times and just stuck the post-its on the door. I like the idea of having a permanent place for them to stay.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete