Home About Me My Products My Classroom Instagram Pinterest Facebook TeachersPayTeachers Email Image Map

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Long Lost Crate Pics!

Hey everyone!  I wanted to post my latest craftivity, but i am still working on it ....wahhh!  Hopefully this week I will have it  up!  I know you guys will love it so stay tuned!

In the meantime I was wondering what to post.  I am always taking pics of my classroom and my creations and then I came across something I made in the summer and never posted!!  My crates!!

I loved making these.  They were shockingly fun to make and they turned out great.  Can I just say that my kiddies love love love this!  They are always asking if they can sit on them.  I only have 5 so I use them to my advantage.  I let the students know if they behave I will call the quietest students to sit there when we read a story.  Boy do they get quiet!! 

Okay first we got the wood from Home Depot.  I believe it was 1/2 inch plywood.  The guy cut the wood for me so it fits in the crates.  I went next door to Walmart to get the foam for the cushion and then the fabric.  I wanted my fabric to be bright because my classroom is.  Here is the pic of when we first got to work. 
 
Another teacher friend of mine used the leopard fabric. I loved it but I couldn't copy her fabric! lol  Here's what we did next.
We started to staple gun the foam to the bottom of the wood.
This is how it looks when your done stapling.  Don't worry if it looks messy like mine.  That won't matter when you do the same thing with the fabric.  The top of the seat will look nice and smooth and the bottom can look scrunchy because noone is going to really see it.
This is what the final result looks like.  Don't they look fabulous?  I absolutely love them.  They are comfy, cute and make the room look great.  Here is what it lookslike in my room.
 
How great does that look?  Now seriously that chair I bought for myself is like heaven.  I find myself having the kids go to the reading center so I can sit there!!  
So thats my tutorial on how to make perfect crates.  I recommend doing it with a teacher friend.  It makes it more fun and you get to chit chat in between.  I hope you can make this because your kiddies will really enjoy it!
 
Okay before I start getting ready to go watch my Cowboys at 1, I wanted to remind you of Johnny Appleseed this Wednesday.  Check out my Johnny Appleseed Craftivity here at my TpT Store 
I know I reached 500 followers about a week or so ago.  I am working on a great giveaway with some awesome bloggers. Stay tuned!  Enjoy your weekend gals!
 

5 comments:

  1. Those are adorable crates. I need some crafty to make me some. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue chair. Where did you get it? I think it looks great with your floor. HE HE HE I am also writing to let you know you are one of the winners for the 10 phonemic awareness activities! YEAH! Please send me your e~mail address so I can get them to you. Thanks, Amber 5krocksblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crates! I made two and then went back to buy more! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete